Thursday, June 11, 2009

A LEAVING TRAIN.....

This scene, this one in particular was peculiar. One of the few times I thought I wanted to pen it down. 9:18, platform 3, New Delhi railway station. A sudden thrust, I was too sleepy to feel it, the heat brought the laziness. On my left, the window of the train, through the bars I see a guy wearing this bright yellow turban running to catch up with the moving train. Behind him his relative or acquaintance, a man forties plus, was giving him travelling tips. Through the right window, I saw people and people and more people who flooded the platform, fruit stalls and magazine counters.

Suddenly I see this really old couple, probably in their late 60’s, dressed beautifully, sitting on the bench , arm in arm. They looked so cute & respectful together .And then the right side caught my attention like forever. Then I saw this family of three, sitting on the platform, sweating and the small kid with them who was crying. I guess the heat could make anyone wail and cry in pain. Then I see a coolie running with a half broken huge wooden trolley full of luggage across the families face. After that I saw these typical Rajisthani women, dressed in bright crimson red lehangas or sarees with their heads covered with the pallu. Oh the moving train made it look like they were on fire. Then these two men sitting on a rolled up green mattress or a bed roller (probably), trying to save their black pants from dust and dirt of the station

This was all so peculiar as at the same time all these people sat on the same platform no 3 and were so uniquely different. They sat with different intentions and motives at the same place and I sat here at(or around) the same platform at the same time, looking at them and getting inspired .It was a sight , as I left Delhi without saying a word to them or wishing them luck or telling them they exist here, for reasons unknown my heart definitely said good bye.

8 comments:

  1. u can post some more at:- http://www.xtreamefun.com/upload

    ReplyDelete
  2. actualy I love train journeys. I love the smells , the people, the colors. A train or a railway platform is like a microcosm of our country, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It totally is... the beauty of it is different!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice article..round of applause..so much people around us and so little we know abt them

    ReplyDelete
  5. The methods of website linking copy writing service that will change.


    Here is my blog post; search engine optimization training

    ReplyDelete
  6. More and more sellers are joining the craze of online marketing, having someone do your Search
    Engine Optimization work for you! As with all businesses, the beginners could
    start with Local search engine optimization Service is to
    hike business with extra edge. You just have to wait and watch it slide
    down the SERP. Bonus points if you can get for your website.
    The art of creating backlinks is a science to itself that
    requires a lot of preparation, analysis, and patience.

    My web blog search engine optimization how to

    ReplyDelete